The Importance of Business Signs
If you have a business or you’re planning to open one, one of the things that you have to do is to think about what kind of signs you will be using. An attractive, creative sign will help your business look professional and stand out from other businesses.
According to the website, chamberofcommerce.com, a customer is more likely to make a purchase from businesses they’ve heard of. So that’s why a sign is important.
Here are some of the things about signs that make them important.
Signs are silent salespeople for the business. Signs on the outside give your business attention and help with differentiating it from the other types of businesses that are around them. Signs on the inside help your customers with finding the merchandise and can sometimes encourage impulse purchases when they are added to a special display.
Signs on the outside can be mounted on buildings or mounted on the ground. A sign mounted on the building are attached to your business and can be useful in the areas where there is a lot of foot traffic, like shopping areas. Signs that are mounted in the ground come in many sizes and shapes and are usually mounted near roads so that drivers see them.
Many times signs are an important part of the marketing strategy of a business. Signs that contain the logo of a business can help with reinforcing the brand. Signs also are used for drawing attention to the business’ information and to tell people about the promotions. Since exterior signs can be seen all the time, the effect of it is continual.
If you don’t have a lot of marketing funds, a sign can be a cost-effective type of marketing. You make a purchase once and then the sign will advertise your business. This is a lot more affordable than purchasing other types of advertising such as on the television, in the newspaper, or on the radio.
Things to Consider
When you are looking for your sign, you want to figure out which one is the best one for your needs. This can depend on your budget, your needs, and the amount of space that you have. Another type of sign that you can use is a magnetic sign on your business vehicle.
These are some of the things that you want to remember when you are choosing the signs for your business. No matter what your budget is or what type of business you have, having a sign for your business is a great idea. It will help bring in the business and will give you the exposure that you want.
Why Signs are Important
When it comes to attracting customers, good signage is the way to go for small businesses according to a survey released by FedEx.
- Nearly 76% of consumers (8 in 10) said they had entered a store or business they had never visited before based simply on its signs. (FedEx)
- Nearly 75% indicated that they had told others about a business simply based on its signage. (FedEx)
- About 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services. (FedEx)
- About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye. (FedEx)
- Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business. (FedEx)
- Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%. (UC)
- Over 50% of survey respondents indicated that poor signage (e.g., poor quality, misspelled words) deters them from entering a place of business. (FedEx)
- 38% of large companies with multiple locations identified branding/image as the most important purpose of effective signage, while small firms and single establishments perceived signs to be most important for making their business stand out and for helping customers find their location. (UC)
- Legibility was chosen by both consumers and businesses as the most important characteristic of signs. (UC)
Questions about Business Signs?
Spectrum Signworks is proud to have installed signs in some of the finest businesses in Naples, Florida. If you’re interested in working with our world-class designers on Signs for your business, give us a call at 239-908-0505!