Electrical Sign LED Conversion: Should You Make the Change?
Do you have old fluorescent signs at your place of business that you’re aching to replace? Are you wondering how to convert these signs to LED?
If you answered yes to these questions, you’re not alone. While fluorescent signs were popular for many years, the industry has changed. In today’s day and age, it’s all about LED lighting.
But before you do anything, there are two points of consideration:
- You need to know how to convert a sign from fluorescent to LED
- You need to make sure this is the right choice for you, based on the benefits of LED lighting
At Spectrum Signworks, we take care of the first point for you. If you have old fluorescent signs – no matter the age or quantity – we can visit your place of business, provide you with a plan, and get to work. Soon enough, you’ll have modern LED signs that suit your every need.
Now, let’s talk about the benefits of converting fluorescent light to LED. Here’s what you need to know about LED lights:
- Energy efficient: Did you know that LED light fixtures require less energy than fluorescent? This allows you to save anywhere from 50 to 75 percent on energy costs, on average. Depending on how many signs you have, this could save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year.
- Less maintenance: There’s nothing more frustrating than realizing once again that a fluorescent bulb in one of your signs has burnt out. With LEDs, you don’t have to change these nearly as often. LED sign tubes have an average life expectancy four times longer than fluorescent bulbs. So, not only are you saving time, but you’re also saving money.
- Higher return on investment: When you combine the energy efficiency and longevity of LED lights, you’re left with a higher return on investment as compared to fluorescent bulbs.
If you’re ready to trade in your old fluorescent signs for modern LEDs, you have two basic options: swap out the entire sign, or modify the existing sign to display LED lights.
Either way, you’re left with a more energy efficient and maintenance friendly sign that’ll save you money over the long run.
Contact the professionals at Spectrum Signworks to learn more about converting fluorescent signs to LED. We can manage your project from start to finish.